Reading is dreaming with open eyes

Reading... What an incredible way of spending your time. 

As far as I am concerned, reading should be a must for everybody. While you are reading, you can dream with open eyes and even imagine new worlds and experience new adventures just sitting on your sofa or taking the train back home. 

The pictures you can find in the activity I am focusing on show different people reading in different ways. Some of them are doing it in the library, while others are reading in the street. Some of them are holding paper books while others prefer e-books. We can also find people at different stages in their lives: from kids to teenagers and also adults. And we can also find people reading alone while others do it together or receiving help. 

The feeling everyone owns while reading can be as different as personalities of each individual. While you are reading, you may also switch from one emotion to another just in a few seconds: happiness, sadness, anxiety, mystery, excitement... 

I really see myself reflected in the last two pictures, as I started to be a reader as a very small kid thanks to my parents advice and guidelines and I always spent hours and hours at school and at home surrounded by books. However, I can not avoid talking about the last picture as I currently read in any place I like and I do not matter where I am or who is around because the pleasure of reading helps me forget my problems and enjoy the moment. Nevertheless, I must admit that I only love reading in my native language because I prefer using English just to watch films or series. I only read in the foreign language while I am using texts or books for my studies or work. What is 100% true is that I can not spend time reading e-books and I only enjoy the process with paper books and physical material, as I feel more comfortable moving from page to page while exploring the scenes I read. 




💌

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

¿Estás en tu prime?